Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh my GOD! In re-reading what I've written so far, I am so horrified that it might make me sound like one of those dreadfully opinionated little brats at my school. Ugh, maybe I am one of them after all. Well, I should probably take the time to add a disclaimer that I do not claim to really know ANYTHING, and I am aware that these are just my opinions, for what (if anything) they are worth.

I guess I should try focusing on positive things more often. I think I know (essentially) that in order for your criticism to mean anything, you have to contribute something of your own to try and fix what you perceive to be problematic.

I guess that's why I've never wanted to be a "Critic". I mean we're all critics more or less, but how do some people make a career out of it? Why are their opinions given such a high platform? What have they done to deserve being listened to at such relatively high volume?

I guess.

Well, if I'm going to be any kind of critic, I should have my humility in check, is what I'm after. Especially if I'm a snarky one. It's important for me to keep telling myself that!

And keep talking to other people. Keep reading. Keep watching.

The world was created for me. I am a speck of dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment