Monday, January 18, 2010

Also, I think the reason I love watching the Globes more than any other awards show is because of what a mindfuck the guest list is! All the TV nominees (especially the TV Movie/Miniseries ones) really add to that. I mean...Janet McTeer?! Jessica Lange?! I love that they are in the same room with the obvious invites, like Streep and Farmiga (and yes, calling Farmiga an "obvious invite" still feels weird...in a fantastic way!)

Of course, the free-flowing alcohol makes everything so loosey-goosey (I love your red carpet unhinged self, Julia Roberts!), and Ricky Gervais is always welcome (even though the host addition did feel mostly pointless) just so he can make ruthless jokes about Mel Gibson and Jennifer Aniston right before they come onstage to present awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment